Life lessons # 57 – If you’re toddler is having “one of those days” and you think you can leave him alone while you take a shower, expect him to do something while you’re away. :)
Explanation – Yesterday at work my cell phone rang and when I picked it up, I saw it was friend Jordan. I picked it up and said, “Hi!” I heard nothing for a minute, so I said, “Hello?” Then I heard a child’s voice. No specific words, just talking.
I said, “Gavin?”
“Yeah?”
“What are you doing?”
“Um…”
“What are you doing?!” (in the background - Jordan)
“I’m talking to someone.”
Click.
I was cracking up at this point, so I called Jordan back, and after it rang a few times, I heard the buttons being pushed on the phone.
“Gavin?”
“What?”
“Can you take the phone to your mom?”
Click.
Keep in mind I’m rolling around by this time, still at work. :)
A few minutes later Jordan called me back saying, “Did you just have a conversation with my 3 year old?!” Honestly it was the highlight of my day. Cracked me up. Aaron put it best when I relayed this story to him: “That kid’s too smart for his own good.”
Jordan, I love you. And Gavin. Thanks for the laugh!
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my gosh. I'm so embarressed. I still can't believe he did that. Okay, I can. But really. I think I'm going to have to hide my car keys--who knows what he's capable of . . . The other day he was in the backyard and the second I turned around he was ringing the doorbell (in the FRONT yard). Yeah. How did he get there you ask? I'm still trying to figure it out.
Sorry again, Dev. I guess we'll have to have "family" showers until I can get a padlock on the bathroom door . . .
Post a Comment