First of all, Jordan gave me this awesome recipe (which I guess is Kristin's) for White Chili. She brought some over when I had foot surgery and we loved it, so I decided to make it on Monday. It has cayenne pepper in it, and mine had never been opened. So I screwed off the little cap and tried to pull the plastic sifter thing off, but it wasn't working and it felt like my fingernail was going to break. So I did something super smart. I grabbed the plastic thing with my teeth and pulled. Too bad for me I also grabbed the little paper cover and pulled. Both came off and cayenne pepper poofed up in my mouth and on my arm and shirt!
I quickly brushed off my arm in the sink and rinsed my mouth off/out. Then I brushed my shirt off. My mouth was totally burning! I had to wash it with soap twice before it was mostly gone. I would recommend not doing that. I would recommend the chili though, because it's awesome. Try it.
White Chili
1 lb chicken breast, cubed
1 med onion, chopped
2 15 oz cans of Great Northern White Beans, rinsed and drained
2 14 oz cans of chicken broth
1 4 oz can of chopped green chilis
1 t. salt
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 1/2 t. garlic powder
1 T. oil
1 t. cumin
1 t. oregano
1/2 t. pepper
1 c. sour cream
Saute chicken in oil, onion and garlic. Add beans, broth, chilis, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 30 mins. Stir in creams. Warm through. Enjoy.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah, I'm still laughing about that story. Bet you'll never do that again.
And I'm glad you like the chili. It's my favorite.
Dev- that's so funny that you got this recipe. I got this exact recipe from a lady I worked with in Provo. It's delish!
Your story made my day, I'm going to think about it every time I do something stupid too.
glad to know i'm not the only one who does stupid things.
Post a Comment