We couldn't go to Utah without going to Idaho too! Both of our parents live there as well as my brother and one of Aaron's. My other sister was also coming over to see us, so on the 1st we drove up to see everyone. We had lots more fun having cousin time, went to an impromptu family reunion when Aaron's aunt and uncle from Nauvoo, IL came to town, got to visit with Aaron's grandmother, and had way too much candy! Here are the girls at the Rexburg parade with their cousins, 2 aunts & uncles, 2 grandpas, plus mom, dad, & nana. We had quite the entourage! We also got to see my SIL's family from Mexico! We hit the family jackpot while we were there!
The got so much candy. And then I bought them shaved ice. And bambinos. If you don't know what those are, we might not be able to be friends anymore. Or we might now be best friends because once you figure out what they are you'll realize there was a void in your life you never knew about, but now it's filled. They're that good. Ahhh. I love those things. Then we went back to Aaron's parents house and tortured the cat. Thanks Uncle Garth. He pretty much loved it. If not the first time, then at least by the third, right?
We did sparklers and pops while waiting for the fireworks and my kids each had about 10 glow in the dark necklaces, bracelets, and anklets on. We couldn't have lost those kids if we had tried. Which is great, since we're rather fond of them.
Then we watched the bestestestest (no really - largest West of the Mississippi) fireworks show. Oh, excuse me, Boom Boom Show. (Mady)
We even got to hang out with one of my friends from high school. We did musicals together and are still besties. We went to the zoo with Alli and her adorable little guy Grant who is A-Mazing. He was born with only half a heart and had just had his (last? - cross your fingers!) heart surgery! He's 2 and he's had like 8 or something, so I think he's due for a hiatus. Click here if you want to read Grant's story. Go grab your Kleenexes first though, he'll wait.
We played with our cousins some more. Sydney and Kayden are 4 months apart and had such a blast together.
Mady found someone to play Playdough with her (her favorite activity)
While Sydney chased Grandpa around the yard
I got to see my brother more than I have in ages - wait, you didn't know I had a brother!!!! Surprise! I do, he's just a little less gregarious and social than I am. We had a blast. His wife just had baby #2 on Sunday, so I'm an aunt again! Congrats to them!
See what I mean about Sydney and Kayden? They were crazy together. My girls decided to dog pile Kayden and they were a pretty even match (together) for him! He's big and crazy strong so it took both of them to hold him down!
We had so much fun visiting everyone! Thanks to everyone who traveled and for making the trip awesome!

4 comments:
We loved seeing you too! Come back again next summer and we will do it all again!! :)
K what's bambinos? Is it a 'burg thing? We are heading up soon and I could get one. I love all the other things you stear me to...Like artscow ;)
Brittany ... we can not be friends any longer. How do you not know what a bambino is? Shameful!
WAIT!!! You were there for the fireworks!?!??!! Does that mean WE MISSED EACH OTHER!!?!??? I was in IF from.....um....(sorry, pregnancy).....aw, sheesh..for about a week at the end of June and then went to a fam reunion in Island Park that lasted from the 30th through the 4th, but I had to fly out the morning of the 3rd. SO SAD we missed each other!!!
Ah, Bambinos! I lucked out....some roommates from Rexburg/Rigby introduced me to those one summer day! Yum!
Post a Comment