I mentioned we've all been sick. All but Sydney that is. That girl is NEVER sick. And when she does get sick, it's for like, a day. I would covet her immune system if it was actually transferrable and it wasn't a sin. Another great thing she got from her birthmom! Anyway, I digress, but the kids have been giving me a run for my money every time I try to get them to sleep. My favorite was yesterday. I was desperately trying to get them to nap so I could stop being so frazzled and maybe even sleep myself since I had hardly slept for 3 nights in a row. They kept talking, getting up, and generally being wiggly. I then found Sydney out of bed going potty. I calmed myself down by reminding myself that this was the one valid reason for being out of bed. Then I noticed her naked feet.
Me: "Um, why did you take your socks off?"
Syd: "I didn't, Mady did."
Me: "How did Mady take your socks off?" (she's still in a crib)
Syd: "Mady asked me to put my feet in her crib, so I did and she took them off."
Me: deep breathing...... "Why were you out of bed?"
Syd: "ummmmm"
I decided to ignore this and put her back in bed.
Syd: "I need socks!"
Me: "You shouldn't have taken them off! Stay in bed."
A few minutes later I cam back in to find Sydney sitting up in bed putting on a new pair of socks.
Me: "Why did you get out of bed!?!"
Syd: "I didn't!"
Me: "Where did you get the socks?"
Syd: "Ummmmmm.."
Don't you love toddlers?
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sorry you have been sick. The dialogue is absolutely hilarious! I can so picture Syd saying that!!!! Take your coldeeze!
Hilarious. So did Aaron bring this home to you guys and then leave you to deal with it? I am so sorry. Hang in there, and call your VT's to take your kids so you can nap!!
Sorry you've been sick. but this made my day as well and I was in much need to some laughs.. The things they come up with sometimes.
Sorry you've been sick. but this made my day as well and I was in much need to some laughs.. The things they come up with sometimes.
Post a Comment