Tonight my little miss decided to dress up as a princess. Notice the tiara and the Cinderella slap bracelet. Remember slap bracelets? Oh I do. Aww, the memories. Anyway, my little princess was asking some questions about Mulan tonight. Apparently the concept of the Matchmaker (at the beginning of the movie) and arranged marriages are a foreign concept to her. Shortly after that she started quizzing me about getting married (her daddy is a husband - why can't she marry him?) and I told her that when she was older she could find a boy closer to her age (not Daddy) and get married.
She thought about that for a moment and said, "Like Uncle Garth!"
I quickly explained that Uncle Garth was taken.
"Daddy!" she said.
"No, remember, Daddy is my husband. You'll choose someone your age."
"I could marry Kenzie when she gets old like me!"
"But Kenzie is a girl. You need to marry a boy."
"Oh, um....."
You'll be happy to know that she has picked a husband. He's a couple years older than her (he's in first grade) and lives down the street. He goes to church with us and is one of her best friend's older brothers. I'll let you know how it works out.
A few minutes after the husband topic had been decided she came up to me and said, "Look, I have a baby in my tummy!" (can you spot the "baby bump"?)
Immediately Mady replied, "Mommy, I have a babysitter in my tummy!"
I neglected to inform them that those are 2 very different things!

4 comments:
Eli is mad as heck.
Sometimes I wish I had a babysitter in my tummy. How handy would that be?!?
that just made my day.. so funny
LOL!!!!
Post a Comment