For book club last month we read the book Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua. It's inspired me to try to make my kids (despite their young age) a little more responsible and accountable. This morning I started off great by requiring that Mady carry her own soggy diaper from the night before downstairs so we could throw it away. Since I was carrying her down the stairs, I thought I had an ultra-reasonable request. I handed it to her and said, "You need to carry this downstairs." She reponded by saying, "Ok!" brightly and chucking the VERY full diaper (which, mercifully, was only wet) over the railing onto my living room floor. Have you seen the inside of a wet diaper? It's filled with this goopy crystal stuff. See? (that's not me or my finger. I found it online - some science class dissected a diaper). But I did get to see it first hand this morning when the diaper exploded and deposited this all over my carpet. Lucky me. And, since it's gel stuff, I had to vacuum it up, not just wipe it. Joy joy joy. I think Mady might be exempt from chores for a teensy bit longer.


3 comments:
oh I love that little troublemaker! I still can't believe she did that!
HA HA! I'm sorry but that just made my day.. At least she was willing to help. That counts in my book. That's funny that she came up with that by herself too.. Silly girl!
Sorry, but I was laughing. Apparently she has seen her parents do that with other things, so thought it was okay. I guess you won't be having her carry her diaper down the stairs anymore, will you!
Post a Comment