On Friday we were driving around a spotted a sign for an Easter Egg hunt happening Saturday morning at 10. I had been looking for a nice one in a park (like one I grew up with) and this one was the closest I had found, so on Saturday we saddled up the troops and headed over. I was nervous for the girls since they had never done an Easter Egg Hunt before and I was sure they would get trampled, but I figured if they each got 1 or 2 eggs it would be a success. I shouldn't have worried. This was the sight that greeted us when we got there.
Yes those millions of colored dots are Easter Eggs. Click on that picture to make it bigger, no really, do it.
Do you see the massive amounts of eggs on that field???? This was the little kid hunt (0-5 to avoid the trampling I was concerned about). The 6-12 hunt looked the same but on a different field. The little kid one was on a baseball field and included the diamond too!!!! They had garbage sacks full of stuffed Easter eggs the dumped out there. What? Needless to say, Kid #1 was darn excited. Kid #2 accidentally smiled for this picture. It was an unexpected bonus.
And she's not crying in this one, which was taken after they got their haul. A real estate group does this every year and it gets bigger each time they said. Their goal was for each kid to have 10 eggs. Sydney got twice that in about 45 seconds. Mady wanted nothing to do with the hunting until she saw that everyone else was having fun and she STILL got 10 eggs in about 1 minute. Oh we'll be going back to this EVERY SINGLE YEAR people. It was a winner.
Check out this awesome video Aaron shot. It's a little wobbly because there are children running EVERYWHERE but it gives you a great feel for the event. The kids were all in heaven, everyone got what they needed, and no one played mean. It was superb. I would buy a house from the Easter Egg guys.
That afternoon we attended our community's annual Easter Bash. There was a fun visitor that Sydney has been dying to see since last year. Look at that grin. Mady was less than impressed and I am shocked we got her this close without a meltdown. Seriously, the kid is impeding my photo ops.
Mady did have a meltdown getting off the ponies. It was hysterical though because every time she came around the circle and saw me standing there her voice jumped about 3 octaves and she said, "Mommy, I'm riding on a black pony!" I took a video, but there's too much background noise to hear her properly. Take my word for it. The dog tones were priceless.
There was a lovely bouncy house with 10 year olds jumping like crazy that my toddlers wanted to get in. We turned that down in favor of a giant inflatable obstacle course and slide. Great choice right? Here's Mady about to go in.
I was so worried she wasn't going to be able to do it all and I was going to have to go in there and get her. Imagine my surprise when I went around the back to check on her and found her almost at the top of the inflatable ladder (which looked wicked hard to climb up).
All smiles here! She went 5 times!
Sydney was a different story. She took one look and ran over to Daddy at the pony ride. She wouldn't go until Mady had gone 4 times and then she finally went down and still insisted on sliding down backwards because it was too scary.
They both had so much fun though! Look at that smile!
Happy Easter!

2 comments:
What an awesome egg hunt! Oh, and I LOVE Sydney's jacket. Does it come in my size?
WOW.
Maddie's experience on the pony sounds a lot like H's on a horse last summer, "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! WEEEEEEEEEE!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
I love that last pict of Sydney! so cute!
Post a Comment