Saturday, January 24, 2009

The One You've Been Waiting For

For all of you anxiously checking the blog since I posted yesterday, sorry to keep you in suspense. We had a rather busy day/night and truly haven't had a chance to blog - oddly enough. Here's the story (If you don't care, skip the next paragraph):

I started pitocin at 8:45 am. At the time I was dilated to 3 cm and was 60% effaced. Little Miss had dropped really low a few weeks back, so she was all ready to come out. The contractions started really slowly and over a period of about 3 hours I dilated to 4 cm. At this point they were getting pretty intense, so I got some IV drugs which wore off after 1 hour. It was a productive hour and I was at 6 cm, so the contractions came back feeling pretty rough. I decided I wanted an epidural and when they checked me right after I got it (45 min later) I was at 8 cm. I started feeling annoyed that I had almost made it before getting the pain meds, but it ended up being good since it still took a couple more hours to get her out.

Our bouncing baby girl was officially born at 6:21 pm on January 23, 2009.
She weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 4 oz (we grow big babies I guess) and was 21.5 inches long.
Mom and baby this morning
This poor girl swallowed a bunch of crap while coming out, so she's been spitting it up ever since, but other than that she is perfectly healthy. She seems to be a fairly calm baby, but she's also very young, so we'll see.
Baby & Daddy this afternoon.
This baby girl still has no name, but we are working on it and will have it all ready by tomorrow when we leave the hospital. Sydney got to meet her new sister today and I think her verdict is still out on what she thinks. We are very grateful that she is here and that everyone is healthy and well. We're particularly grateful to our friends watching Sydney while we're still in the hospital. We'll post more on all of us soon!


24 comments:

Heath and Jessica said...

Yeah Dev! I am the first to post!!! She is absolutely gorgeous! I am so glad she is here & you guys are doing well. Congrats!!!! Love you guys!!!

Heath and Jessica said...

Oh & she has lots of pretty dark hair! Yeah!!!!

rick and cheryl said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I'm glad it went so well!

Kiery said...

YAY YAY YAY! She's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! We love you guys!

Allison said...

YAY! I have been refreshing my browser ALL DAY hoping to hear good news. Congrats on her successful arrival :) Can't wait to hear more details soon!

Rachel said...

How exciting! She is beautiful and most babies aren't right after delivery. Now you have me gettin' baby hungry lol.

Rachel said...

Oh, and great job getting blogging. I never get back to it that quickly. You must be feeling pretty great.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh yeahooooooo! All your hard work has paid off Dev! She is adorable! I can't wait to hear all about it! You look so happy and Aaron is just beaming! We have been thinking about you guys all day! Congratulations!

Did you know Shawna had her baby yesterday at about the same time?

liv said...

Oh hooray! I kept checking to see your updates.I'm so glad that you are both doing so well. She looks beautiful, what a special thing to have a newborn in your home. Goodluck with all the things to come! I'm sure you'll do great.

Paula said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She looks just perfect. i will take a BIG baby any day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you have been so blessed by the Lord. Congratulations!!! She is such a beautiful baby.

The Moyers said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her. Your books are in, so call at your convenience...no rush!

The Dixon Family said...

Yay! SO fun!

4HessGirls said...

She is beautiful. Great job! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went good for you.

jksfam said...

So exciting!!! She is a big baby! Wesley was my biggest - 9 lb. 6 oz, not counting the twins that were 14 lbs. 3 oz. of baby... I'm so excited to see her!

Aguirre6fullhouse said...

Devony, I'm so happy for you and Aaron and Sydney. It sounds like you did a great job getting her here. She is beautiful. Congratulations to the both of you.

Hannah said...

Congrats Aaron & Devony!!! I can't wait to hear her name!!

Rachel and Tyler said...

Nine Four is what Garret was...I tore so bad with him...did you tear at all? She is beautiful!!! I love the hair! You look great too...I never would have guessed you had that big of a baby in you....can't wait to hear her name!

Amber said...

So, so, so happy for you guys!

She is beautiful! You look tired, but great! Syd is going to love being a big sis.

Congrats!

wendy and brig said...

Congratulations Devony, Aaron, and Sydney. We are so happy for all of you! She is beautiful.

Katie said...

Look at her dark hair!! I love it! And I know how growing big babies goes... ;) CONGRATS!

Brooke said...

I love her! Her name is perfect!

natalie said...

AH! I'm so excited and happy for you!!!! She is such a beauty.