I've recently figured out something about Sydney. She may start things a little later than some other kids (she didn't crawl until 11 months and didn't walk until 14 1/2 months), but once she starts something, she's good at it. I guess she just observes until she's got it down in theory and then she does it. Consequently, it takes her very little time to perfect the actual doing of new skills. I'm not sure if this is a pattern for her life or not, but my calm, non-mobile baby is a thing of the past!
This has basically resulted in a veritable explosion in her development over the past few weeks/months. While I am thrilled that she's learning so many new things so quickly, it does tend to wear me out and make it rather difficult to get anything done!
This has basically resulted in a veritable explosion in her development over the past few weeks/months. While I am thrilled that she's learning so many new things so quickly, it does tend to wear me out and make it rather difficult to get anything done!
For example, yesterday I decided I should clean my house (since it's not going to get done again for awhile!) I sprayed Windex on my sliding glass door (you inspired me Kristin), set the dangerous chemicals on the table, turned to wipe off the Windex, and heard giggles. By the time I turned around there was a little toddler with the Windex in her grubby little paws halfway across the room.
The rest of the day was about the same. I dumped the garbage and found that her ball had taken up residence 3 seconds later.Then said ball was stuck, so she dumped the garbage over. Smart kid.
Hmm, still stuck. Maybe if I yell for it "BAWH!!!!"
Finally saved the ball from certain death. Shredded tissue paper and put it in a tupperware for safe keeping.
Now I'll clean the floor (mostly comprised of her rubbing a duster across the floor or making the dust pan disappear whenever it was needed). 
No picture of this one, but while cleaning a bathroom she disappeared, so I went and found her - with a bottle of lotion. She was pumping that stuff out as fast as she could and had it everywhere! As soon as she saw me she said "WOW!" with this amazed little voice. I totally couldn't be mad at her, I just desperately wished my camera was upstairs with me. Then she helped me cook dinner. It was so easy with her like this the whole time.
Sydney has also become fairly opinionated. She knows what she wants and when she wants it. This is good and bad. It's great when she is able to communicate what she wants. Not so great at other times. She has figured out where many items are stored in the house. She knows her sippies are in the fridge, so she does this and whines every time she wants a drink. or grapes.
I also finally succeeded in teaching her the sign for "eat," and she is starting to do it when she is hungry. Halle-freakin-lujah. I love taking the guess work out of a small part of my day. Since she's taking so much out of me (and because I wanted one), we had a girl's night and enjoyed yummy Olive Garden food. Hooray. It was a much needed night away.Thanks to everyone who came!

7 comments:
I loved your narration. Ella started crawling today! I guess we are entering that world as well!
She is so adorable. Spencer was kind of the same way with walking, crawling etc. I don't mind too much because he has felt like a baby for longer.
I am so excited to hear about your new baby. Having two is so fun!
You are tooooo Fun Dev! Thanks for the great company!
She is a busy little girl! Maybe her newfound knowledge can be put to good use after the baby finally comes! She can clean your house! ;-)
LOL!!! So true!!! Just you wait till you have TWO. Never a dull moment, but then again there is never a dull moment.
H was quick to go from watching to doing as well. She sat on her tricycle like twice before just taking off on it....
Love the cleaning narration! Makes me feel much more "normal"! It's actually why I don't even try to deep clean around here; there will always be a mess to replace the one I just cleaned! I've found that paying someone $40 to come clean once a month is MUCH more efficient than me trying to do it with H running around! (If only I could afford to keep doing that, though! Oh, well.... I'll dig myself out of this mess eventually....)
Glad you were able to end the day in such a fabulous way!!
Oh, and be glad Syd's not strong enough yet to actually open the fridge!!!
;)
Post a Comment