Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

We had a fantastic and relaxing Thanksgiving. Hopefully you all did too! Aaron's brother and his wife drove out to visit and stayed for a few days, which was particularly fun since they recently got married and we haven't spent much time with them! Thanks Garth & Kiery for coming! Our good friends Zack & Karen also came to dinner and we had lots of great food and an awesome time with everyone. We did a little Black Friday shopping (nothing too early or crazy), and just hung out and had fun. Sadly enough, despite my making sure we had batteries that actually worked for our camera, we don't have a single picture from Thanksgiving.
The one thing we do have a picture of is the day before Thanksgiving. I was making Cranberry Cheesecake (a traditional dessert in our family) and Sydney was following me around fussing and crying. My solution was to strip her down and give her the spatula with cheesecake stuff all over it. Yeah, she really liked it.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I love it. I do the same thing with Ella and biter biscuits. Cranberry cheesecake sounds extra yummy!

Heath and Jessica said...

Hey, if all else fails, give them food. I bet Syd loves Thanksgiving!!!

Scott and Amber said...

I didn't get any pictures taken either! Rori slept through her whole first Thanksgiving!

Bethany said...

Mmmmmm. Cheesecake.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Noone ever gives me spatula covered in cheesecake! she looks soooooo happy!