Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Salt Lake Trip Part 1

We're finally back from our trip and I'm now going to get all caught up in a hurry. I hope. I'll go chronologically, which will end up backward on the blog, but it's easier for me!
I must say, the drive there was fairly miserable for me. It was beautiful (we took a new route through the mountains) but the altitude bothered poor Sydney's ears, I ended up being nauseated almost the entire way, and we hit construction about 12 times. Add to that the fact that Sydney only slept for about 2.5 hours the whole trip, my new need for frequent stops, and ligament pains, and we had a fairly rough 10 hour trip (which was only supposed to take 8-9).
On Saturday we got to see/meet a couple that Aaron knew on his mission who are now serving a Church History Mission on Temple Square. They get to work in the archives all day. My dream job. sigh
Later that night we got to celebrate Michael's college graduation! Yay Michael! Here is Aaron feeding his brother Garth a diabetic coma comprised of hot fudge and a tiny bit of ice cream. Gag.
Shawn, Brittany, and Britt's twin sisters came to visit us later that night. Hooray! I was so glad to see her! Also it was the first time I have seen her prego! She looks so great and is ready to go any day now!
We got to hang out with Kiery and Garth. Garth had a bit of an accident.
And got to stay with Adi & Michael. Thanks so much again guys for your hospitality and fantastico apartment!
Sydney also got in a few crawling lessons with her Auntie Adi and had oodles of fun with Uncle Michael's balloons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, fun! Heck, I need to buy a helicopter!