OK, here's the official reason we went out that specific weekend. Aaron's little brother Garth got married and Kiery officially joined the family! Hooray! The ceremony was beautiful, the weather was hot hot hot (have I mentioned that I struggle now with the heat?), the dinner was uber-yummy (I don't think Sydney had a single complaint until they put the food away) and gorgeous since it had cooled off a bit, and the reception was fantastic, relaxed, and fun. Kiery and Garth both seemed pretty relaxed about things and weren't stressing all day, which will make their memories even better! Here's the happy couple outside the temple (which is behind me)
I really love this picture. Kiery's face is so classic.

The cake. Such a candid shot. I love it. Thanks Adi.
Another stolen pic. Where was I and where was my camera? Good thing my sisters and sister-in-laws were prepared during this trip!
Sydney trying to catch the bouquet. While watching this and the garter throw I had a flashback to my own wedding where little Garth caught the garter on his head and my sister Haylee (now married and 36 weeks prego) caught the bouquet. Ah, good times.
The next morning we headed home. We went through Wyoming, so it was far less beautiful than the Grand Junction drive (sorry Justin, it's scrubby!), but there was WAY less construction and far fewer abrupt changes in altitude. The result was that Sydney slept a lot more (sing praises), I discovered that sea-bands do not work on me (drat), and riding in the car for long distances in my personal condition is way more than uncomfortable, it's downright painful! But we made it home, we are all safe and sound, and Sydney is tearing up the house and keeping us on our toes! Whew! Now I'll try to post all our pics from the last 2 weeks!

5 comments:
Sounds like you have been super busy... I know that feeling, it sure sounded like you had fun! I am sure, though, that you are glad to get into your normal routine, I know I was!
Wow it has been awhile since I've sat and really read through blogs...and HELLO, I missed the best post! I HUGE HUGE HUGE congrats to you. We are so excited for you both! And may I just say how stinking cute that little Sydney is. She is beautiful and will be a great big sister. Congrats!
Wow those pictures are hilarious... What were we doing???? I think it was when I was about to kill my photographer because he was SOOO Slow! Thanks for coming you guys, it was awesome to have you there!!!
It looks like it was a wonderful wedding! I am sure Aaron & Syd had tons of fun passing out fans!
devony! congratulations! i'm so excited for you... and jealous but i guess my time will come. :) i'm in arizona for the summer and i just might be passing through denver at the beginning of october. my mom is flying down to drive back up to alaska with me. if you're around just holler and perhaps i can stop by and see you guys for a bit!
Post a Comment