Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Idaho Trip Part 1

Yeah, so it's been awhile now since we got back and I'm slow. Dang it. It was great seeing everyone, but I was particularly stoked to see my sister Jessica who skipped work and drove from Boise just to come see us (since she had been there only a few weeks before for another wedding). We got to have a great girl's day (no pictures) and talk about Breaking Dawn and just hang out. It was so good to see her and everyone else! Here are our pics from Idaho. Sydney loves her Uncle JC. Here they are having a bonking contest to see who can push their head the hardest. Syd usually wins these.
My mom playing with my nephew Kayden. The Wheels on the Bus is a funny song. Obviously.
Sydney got into her diaper bag and found this banana. It got really quiet. Then we found out she was eating it - peel and all. Gross. We helped her out, but she totally would have gotten through it.
Kayden playing with my parent's dog Winston. Winston would take off running and Kayden would go flying. It was the funniest thing ever.
A new trick. Sit on something semi-hi...
Then fall while daddy catches me! Sooooo fun!
Getting clean


She finally figured out crawling - 2 days before she turned 11 months! We didn't exactly push her though, we just let her figure it out at her own pace. We know now that we were smart. When she first started crawling, the one thing she would do it for every time was a raspberry from Grandma's garden. Yum. I miss those.

I got to go to a baby shower for my friend Amber while I was over there! Neither of us live there and we both happened to be in town! It was kismet! So fun to see her!



We also did family pictures for my family and they were very pleasant, particularly since it is usually Christmas when we try to do this!


Our little family picture. Sydney smiled in many pics, but not the ones where she was looking at the camera. With only a little food and not much sleep that day, we should mostly just be happy she wasn't screaming.

My brother and his cute family. They need a blog. sigh.

2 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

What a great family picture!

I'm so glad that you comment on my blog b/c I often forget to check yours . . .

What a fun trip! Let's get together when we get back!

kachers said...

I'm glad to hear your bit about not pushing Sydney to crawl - I totally agree! We're not pushing Riley - he'll figure it out when he's ready! Have I said CONGRATS yet?!?!?