Tuesday, June 03, 2008

First Swim!

Today Sydney went swimming for the first time ever! We went to our friend's pool which was so great. The shallow end goes down to about 1 inch of water since the edge of the pool is level with the sidewalk right at first. This meant I got to set Sydney down and let her sit in the water and figure it out. She started out confused.
Then she realized it was pretty cool.
There were these great little fountains that only shot up about 1 foot. Eli and Sydney both enjoyed them.
They were her favorite part


We did go out a bit deeper too (see, it goes to my ankles!)Doing some real "swimming." She actually paddled her arms a tiny bit even!
She was really excited to get wrapped in a towel afterward. She loves to be snuggly and was a tad cold at that point.

We got semi-dressed to eat some snacks.

She left these on just long enough to get a picture.

All in all we had tons of fun! We'll go back to the pool soon!

16 comments:

Christina said...

Hey there Aaron. This is Christina (Passey) Hudman. I found your blog through someone's through someone's. Anyway, looks like you have a cute little family going there. Feel free to come to our blog sometime. Actually, it's private so I need your email first. You can send it to chhudman@hotmail.com Good seeing you again.

Adrianne Miller said...

What a cute little swimmer. I love this video and post! Her little suit is so cute!

Haylee Mecham said...

Holy cow is she cute in her swimsuit! I love it! She looks like she had lots of fun. yay! I didn't get the video to load.. maybe tomorrow. But anyway we love you guys and miss you! I almost bought Issac swim shorts yesterday... but he won't be big enough till next year... sigh i guess it will have to wait!

Sarah Schwartz said...

So cute! I took my girls swimming yesterday, but we got rained on while there. I love the shallow kid's pools. So nice for the little ones. I couldn't get your video to load. It said it was no longer available. Hum.

Heath and Jessica said...

What a cutie, of course! I couldn't get the video to load either, it also said it was no longer available.

Allison said...

This is at a friend's pool?? Looks pretty nice and perfect for Syd! I am so glad you post frequently... I feel like I get to watch her grow up even though we have yet to meet face to face!

Katie said...

Aww, what a sweety! Aren't those types of pools the best?! I love the picture with the sunglasses on...she sure is a doll!

Amber said...

I love her little robe & hat outfit!
I can't wait to get Emily into the pool. For heaven's sake, she has 3 bathing suits!!

Heath and Jessica said...

Yeah! I was able to view the video now! I still can't see the one of JC feeding the stingrays. On well.

Shawn and Brittany said...

She looks like a super star in the glasses and robe!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Bathing Beauty!!!

Haylee Mecham said...

Ok I have to tell you about this blog I found... check it out! It tells about all the good baby deals around!
http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com

Adrianne Miller said...

I got my babytalk finally. Hooray. Thanks!

The Dixon Family said...

I swear, I think she's getting cuter by the minute!

Leah said...

Love, love, love all the pics, but especially of her in her stroller all snuggled up!

Fullmer Family said...

Oh, we LOVE taking CJ swimming too - and he loves it!! It's so cute seeing them in their little suits huh?? :)