Tuesday, November 27, 2007
The Wedding
Aaron's sister Adrianne got married the Friday before Thanksgiving and we got to go to Idaho for the wedding and other activities. We drove up on Thursday November 15, and got there in the evening after 10 hours of driving (Sydney slept the whole way except when we stopped for lunch and to feed her in Rock Springs, WY - glorious place that it is.) She's a trooper and we love her even more for it. We got to see Aaron's parents, 2 brothers, and Adrianne and Michael (her intended) and they all got to meet Sydney for the first time. My sister Haylee also came over to meet her niece and my dad came to get some more grandpa time in. That night Adrianne was SOOOOOO sick (food poisoning, I think, in addition to her bad bad cold). Her maid of honor and my new friend Annie and I tried to help her get comfortable and get some rest. Friday morning the three girls (Adrianne, Annie, and I) got up and got ready, then did Adrianne's hair. I ran Sydney out to stay with my mom and dad (first babysitters!) then drove to the temple to meet Adrianne and Vonda (her and Aaron's mom). We got her all ready in the Bride's room, went to the lovely ceremony, and had pictures outside the temple. Then I went to get Sydney and we all went to the Wedding luncheon. Lots of fun with extended family (Sydney got taken away from me almost as soon as we walked through the door and I only got her back to change her diaper) and some good food too. Back to the house to freshen up for the reception and change Sydney into her own finery. Then Annie and I went and readied the bride again (you can't get into a double corset dress without at least 2 helpers you know!) The reception was very nice and we got to have a 4 generation photo with Aaron's dad and grandmother! Here they all are.
Michael played and sang a song for Adrianne by John Lennon called "Grow Old with Me" (I think). It was so sweet, but I had it stuck in my head for like a week! Saturday morning we got up and drove to Utah with Aaron's family. Way too much driving going on. Second reception in Utah that night. In desperate need of good non-fast-food and a good nap.
After the reception Annie, Brittany (a mutual friend of ours) and I ditched the rest of the fam and took off to Cafe Rio - my first time! Annie was gracious enough to give us all free meal cards, so our Girl's night ended up being pretty low ticket - free! We had a great time though, stayed until the restaurant was closed, and loved being girls and being together. Adrianne should have been there too, but her priorities were somewhere else. Go figure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
First time at Cafe Rio??? Oh blessed day!
I loved this post!!!!I've never seen any wedding pictures so I was glad to see some!
Yeah for fun free nights! Come and do it again...
You did a great job. Like Adi, I haven't seen any wedding pics either. And the 4 generation with the Wilson name is great like the Jemmett side. Way to go!
Post a Comment