We've been enjoying some nice weather lately, and last night it started raining a lot. I was excited because I love the sound of rain on windows and feeling all cozy inside. It stopped around 11:00 pm or so, but when we woke up it was at it again. There was a river of muddy water running down the rock strips between our house and our neighbors (courtesy of the empty lots behind us) and things were looking wet. A few hours later it turned to snow when the temperature dropped. After a while I looked out and noticed all our cute straight tulips were lying on the ground, so I donned a rain jacket and Aaron's tennis shoes (I still only wear flip flops on my hurt foot, so this was an interesting development) and ran outside to save them. I grabbed a mattress bag and stole some good sized rocks from the neighbors (thanks Hannah & Steve!) to cover and save the flowers after shaking them all off. The snow was seriously heavy and wet and was bringing everything to the ground. After saving the flowers, I ran around shaking off the trees that were drooping (mostly those with flowers or lots of leaves) so they wouldn't break. I've repeated this two additional times so far, and it's getting a little old. After coming in each time, I find that all parts of me not covered by the rain jacket are soaked to the skin. Also, I just read that this is supposed to continue throughout the night. Hmm. Welcome Spring?
The land of the tulips (now covered with plastic and snow)
Interestingly enough, Aaron told me that there was no snow, only a bit of rain at the office which is about 20 miles away. How is it that they get a little rain while we get a blizzard?

1 comment:
This is how I feel about the snow . . .pshhhhhhh (make a raspberry sound)!!!
Post a Comment