Monday, April 16, 2007

Yum

They have strawberries on sale at Albertsons - 4 lbs for $3.99. Oh my gosh they are so good. I think we may have eaten 2 lbs this weekend. We got 16 so we can make jam. I cleaned them all this weekend and put 2/3 of them in the freezer (for the jam). I think we need another case.

4 comments:

Heath and Jessica said...

I will have to go get some! Yummy! I got a 1/2 flat a couple weeks ago with the same thought of making jam, & ate them all.

Sarah Schwartz said...

Strawberries have to be my favorite food. I just noticed that my berry patch is blooming! YUMMY! "Ogallala" are the best variety for jam, shortcake, & just eating!!!! They have been in my family for 4 generations & have moved all over the place. I've shared starts with half of my neighbors, so we can all enjoy.

Abby said...

strawberries. . . .m m m m m ... The strawberry patches are almost ready here. You can go pick you own for $1.10 a pound. They have magical addictive properties. Can't wait, and your beautiful berry post is just making me antsy for some fresh berries and freezer jam!

Stafford said...

Dev, if you have any interest in purchasing the kits for the blocks on my blog the gal is selling the letters in instructions only for $10. Let me know. Maren