
I found a coupon on Spoofee that let you buy one shrub, get one free at Home Depot. That was pretty exciting since we need shrubs and trees in our backyard, so I printed off a couple and decided to see what we could do. A few weeks ago we discovered that Lowes and Home Depot coupons can be used interchangeably (how is it we didn't know this already?) so we decided to work the system and see how many free shrubs we could get.
First we went to Lowes and got 4 Purple Leaf Sand Cherry (on the left) bushes. We are unsure as to how big these get, since the tag says 4 ft, but Home Depot says 8 ft, and http://www.arborday.org/ says 7 ft. I guess we'll see. We paid for 2 of the 4 and went across the street to Home Depot. Here we found 2 Golden Privets (on the right). We paid for 1, used a 10% off Lowes coupon Aaron found online, and got a free bottle of round up (Another coupon we found with the free shrub one).
Then we took our plunder home, lined them up in the garage, and went to the Home Depot near our house. We found that they have a crappy garden center, so we got another free bottle of round up, some root stimulator, and a patio set (with another 10% off Lowes coupon)! All in all, we used 7 coupons (I think that might be a record!).

Today we are going to grab 2 more shrubs if they are still there, so we will use some more coupons and have a great backyard! Plus, I just realized that today is ARBOR DAY and we are going to plant! So go plant a tree everyone! I am and I'm soooo excited!

2 comments:
I love it! Way to work the system. And I LOVE your patio set! Once we get a new deck we will get one...that will not be for a while. Happy Planting!
I love that you guys are so . . .frugal.
Post a Comment