Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Holland...Who Knew?


The other night we were chatting with some friends and somehow, we started talking about Holland. For some reason though, no one believed me that Holland is not a country! I literally had to pull up Wikipedia to prove that Holland is not a country, merely a part of the Netherlands (or the Kingdom of the Netherlands). Am I the only one that knew this? It hasn't been a country since Napoleon reigned in 1810! What gives guys?
P.S. The pic is of the first tulip we had bloom. Interestingly enough, the bulbs came from Holland according the the package!

2 comments:

Heath and Jessica said...

Who would argue with you about something like that? They obviously don't know Devony very well!!!

Ellen Davenport said...

I knew that Devony! I had to argue it in one of my classes the other day, Holland is part of The Netherlands. More power to you.