Here is a picture of our wall. Isn't it nice? Ok, so this is pre-project. See how the top of the wall (there's a staircase on the other side) has nothing on it? Just drywall and paint. Bo-ring. Aaron decided it would be great to cap that wall and make it match the fireplace mantel. He did a good job. :)
Here I am doing my part. Painting the trim. Very important (as you'll see). Aaron and my dad did pretty much everything else. They had to measure angles and do all sorts of geometry (good thing I had my protractor and compass from school!) to get everything to fit perfectly. They did amazing considering the fact that not all the walls are completely square. (Don't ask.) Here are Aaron and my dad getting it figured out and putting it together. It's like a big puzzle!
This doesn't do them justice at all, but here is the finished product, routed, sanded, primed, and painted. It finishes it off very nicely, but as I said, this picture doesn't do justice. Guess you'll have to come see it in person.
Additional projects: 1. A Medicine Cabinet in the master bath. YAY!!!
2. (I'm highly impressed by this one) SHELVES IN THE GARAGE!!! YAY!!! This is very impressive and the shelves are super strong. Empty they look a little like the passenger bunks on the old immigrant ships. I guess now we have extra "beds" for people that come to visit.
3. Canning stew. I had to throw this one in to show that the girls weren't complete slackers. My mom and I canned stew while they were here. Vegetable stew. Oh it looks yummy. Yay for more food storage! Oh, and now that we have the shelves in the garage to put our camping stuff on, I have more shelves to use in the basement for my food storage! YAY! Ok I'm done. Bye.



No comments:
Post a Comment