Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas at Our House

Merry Christmas to all!

It's Christmas at our house, and you know what that means? Lots of decorations! And Devony making a mess of the house on a daily basis with more projects than it is humanly possible to complete in one month. Unless you have nothing else to do and a great attention span.

So we decorated lots. See?

Ooh that last one was kind of a bad picture. Sorry about that. No professionals here (like you couldn't tell). That was my creative way for showing off my nativity though (putting it on a box covered with velvet so that it stands out a little more). In front there you can see our super cute stocking holders that we bought last year. The stockings haven't quite gotten hung by the fireplace with care yet (the chimney is in the wall). I'm not sure they will this year since I am making them. We'll have to see. Some of you are getting homemade Christmas presents this year, so I am working on those instead!

Here is our tree! You can see a little bit of the tree skirt for this year. It's like a fancy shiny silky candy cane. Ooh. Aah. Thanks guys.
Anyway, enough about the house. We are super excited for Christmas and I have been playing Christmas carols as much as possible. How fun! We had a Christmas party a few weeks ago that was fun. Wish you all could have been there. We did White Elephants and had lots of yummy food. That of course always makes a party great.
The night before that I went to a cookie party. That was great fun too because 18 women each brought 60 cookies and we ate munchies and then everyone exchanged cookies. We got a bunch of plates of different cookies and goodies to give to our neighbors for Christmas, so it was also very helpful. It gave us a good excuse too to run around the neighborhood and say hi to everyone. What is it about Christmas that makes me want to do that? I like it. Let's have Christmas always! Then we can listen to and sing carols all year! You know they really are some of the best songs ever. :)

No comments: