Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Mean Reds


You ever have a string of days where nothing particular goes wrong, but at the same time everything seems to? I've been having those lately. It reminds me of "Breakfast at Tiffany's" where they talk about the Mean Reds:

Holly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
Paul: The "mean reds?" You mean, like the blues?
Holly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat or it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of. Don't you ever get that feeling?
Paul: Sure. Some people call it angst.

I guess I think of the Mean Reds as a combination of scared and sad and downright on the verge of an emotional breakdown. Hmm. Yup. That's what I think. Guess I need to go take a bubble bath, watch this movie (best ever), and eat some ice cream while I have a good cry. It's the only thing for it.

2 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

I know a lot of people going through this right now (me includede!). And I thought the holidays were a happy time!

The Dixon Family said...

And obviously I don't know how to spell "included".