Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Some Fun Times

Sorry for my absence.  My madre and sister came for a little visit and let's face it, I don't blog when I have company.  Too much chatting to do!  So here's what we've been doing.  Syd and I made some tasty rolls for Sunday dinner (are you shocked that I cooked?  Aaron is, but he actually made the turkey, so I don't actually get full credit for that one).
 Doesn't Syd look darling in this rockin' apron I made in 8th grade home ec?
 My sister has heard us rave about our zoo too many times, so despite this chilly temps, we braved the weather on Monday and headed downtown.  Right before this picture, we exited Bird World to discover a fat little squirrel sitting in the bottom of my stroller inside my soft sided cooler.  Little devil had ripped the plastic and the insulation out and strung it around, ripped the crap out of the zipper, and was eating a turkey sandwich.  And here I though squirrels were herbivores.  Beast.  I have bad luck with small animals.  Better luck with the big ones.  The teeny baby orangutan Hesty was showing off for just us and made the whole trip worth it.
 Jessica had to go home on Tuesday (sniff) and it got freezy cold.  We made sugar cookies to stay warm and hung out a little closer to indoor heating for the next few days.  On Saturday Nana took the girls to the park on the "boat" she got them for Christmas.  By the time Aaron and I arrived to take pictures, Mady was through sledding and had rediscovered the slide.  Slogging through 18 inches of snow when you're not quite 3 feet tall is a little much, but she kept going, taking advantage of the lack of kids at the playground (aka, we were the only ones crazy enough to be playing at the park while it was covered in snow).
Nana and Sydney had a great time sledding down the big hill at the park.  This was really the girls' first time going, so it was fun to see Sydney realize that this was fun!
 Look at that smile!
Here's a little video of Nana and Sydney going down th hill.  Sorry it's a little bumpy, but you can tell they're having fun!
The snow is all but gone now, so it was good we enjoyed it while we did!

No comments: