Friday, June 04, 2010

Adventures in Landscaping

For a long time now I have hated our front yard landscaping.  It was done by the builder and the shrubs that were out there were both ugly and poorly arranged.  The sprinkler system didn't work so they hadn't been watered for 3 years, but the dang things refused to die.  Finally on Saturday, my great friend Karen took my kids and we ripped them all out! 
Then we went and bought a lot of rocks to build a front garden!  My family came to visit this week and were good enough to help us out with some manual labor and/or watching our kids.  We built the garden, filled it with happy dirt (not the native clay bricks), ran a working sprinkler line, and planted trees and flowers! 

Here they are building the sprinkler system.
Here's the finished product!  I love it!
Here's the corner flower bed up close.
Hooray!  We have more color and prettiness than before!  Goodbye conformity!  Thanks everyone who helped!

2 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Your front yard looks fantastic. Doesn't it feel better when there's beautitiful flowers lining your front yard? I LOVE the spring/summer?!

Karen said...

It looks fantastic Dev. I can't wait to see it in person. Also, my favorite picture is the second one where the men are slaving away and Hailey is smiling happily in the background.