Saturday, May 22, 2010

Addicted

Remember this post about how I like to spoil my kids?  It's bad, I know.  Hopefully I don't end up regretting it when they are older.  For now, it's lots of fun!  I'm still cheap though, and if there's one thing that I love most about summer time, it's Garage Sale Season!  Whoever invented Community Garage Sales is my best friend.  I love them.  We went out last week on Friday and Saturday, and this week on Friday and scored big every day!  What did we come home with you ask?  A train set (we had no space for the train table, so it stayed there) for $10 complete with 2 motorized trains and many additional wooden cars and engines.
A Little Tykes slide for $4!  I looked for one of these all last summer and never found one!  They usually sell first thing in the morning and I never got there quick enough.  I spotted this one after noon and assumed it was either broken or priced too high.  Other than a few spider webs and some dirt there is nothing wrong with it, and the price was perfect, so it now lives on our porch!  Sydney is ELATED.  Mady loves it too but can't figure out how to climb up on her own yet.

The dinosaur tent, tub of Mega Blocks, and large Magna Doodle cost a grand total of $5.
This weekend we scored a Little Tykes rocking chair for $1.50.  We have another one identical to this, so no more fights over outdoor seating!
My crowning glory this weekend was this awesome art easel.  It was marked at $4 or I never would have looked at it.  I offered her $2 and she took it so fast it made me feel like I overpaid!  It has a chalk board on one side and a dry erase magnetic board on the other and clips on both sides to hold paper.  The girls are in heaven and Sydney (who didn't know what an easel was until we brought this home) is constantly asking for chalk to color her "huge magadoodle."  Mady is also thrilled with it and I am still giddy about the low price!  I can't wait to see what else we find this year!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I wish I was more into garage saling...where on earth do you keep all of this stuff?

Heath and Jessica said...

What a find! I am totally wishing that Boise had the later starts to garage saling. I refuse to get up at 6 a.m. on my day off. You are a bargain hunter anyway.