Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Spoiled Girls

Ahh, winter is so long this time it seems.  We try to keep busy, but some days we just have to leave the house to keep from causing each other bodily harm.  Where do we go?  Target.  It's 1 mile away.  And guess what?  January is a HUGE clearance month at Target (I've heard July is too).  We went there a LOT that month, but recently too.  Back to my post title.  I love to spoil my kids.  It's so bad because I know they just don't need these things, but I want to buy them for them anyway!  Target has graciously offerred to help me out in this situation and provide cheap cheap toys for me to buy my kiddos.  Like this beauty.
Seriously?  Who doesn't love a blow up car that doubles as a ball pit?  With the extra balls it was $9.  Sydney rolls it across the house like a hamster ball scattering small plastic balls everywhere.  Priceless.
Next we scored a Lightning McQueen sleeping bag for $5.  So we had to put up the tent.  She was very excited about her new "bed."
 Next was a perfect toy for me.  I love the Mr. Potato Head toys as a kid and even had baby potato heads that my kids now play with.  We got them Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head for Christmas and then I saw this:
I so wanted it.  But not for $17 when I had just bought the Mr. & Mrs. ones.  So I didn't get it.  But then good old Target marked it down again and again.  And I happened to be in the store when it was $4.24.  SCORE!!!!  My kids are going nuts over these guys. (And let's just be honest, I am too).
I think one of the favorites though has been this:
I can remember countless hours spent playing on hoppity horses as a kid.  Ours were actually horses too with a horse head on it.  This one just has Dora.  :(  Oh well.  It was also only $2.50.  We had one already but it is slightly large for Sydney.  This one is toddler size and she is thrilled with the bouncing capabilities.  Mady is just thrilled that the ball has a handle on it so she toddles around the house dragging it behind her repeating, "bah bah bah" (ball ball ball) over and over again.  Also Priceless. 
Thank you Target for allowing me to indulge my kids for cheap.  We'll definitely be coming back.

1 comment:

Heath and Jessica said...

I am glad you were able to find a ball pit (finally). I wish our Target had great deals like yours!