Today at Walmart I had a sad revelation...I am THAT mom. sigh. I mean, I've always known I was that weird mom that sings to her kids in the middle of the store and talks more loudly that other people (weird, but my 2 year old doesn't know I mean business when I whisper). I've given up caring what people think and try to make sure I am getting done what I need to do while taking care of my kids and making the whole trip as painless as possible. But today it was different. Today, I was that mom with 2 screaming children and a GIANT cartload of groceries. I was that mom with 6 price matches and $20 worth of coupons, bickering over every price that comes up wrong and taking forever in line. And yes, there was THAT ticked off lady behind me who did not think my precious hellions were cute or that my coupons made me thrifty. She was just ticked that she was behind me with 1 item.
In my defense, I had already let someone else with only 1 item go ahead of me. There was a speedy checkout line available, she just chose not to use it, and, oddly enough, I was less than thrilled about the excessive amount of time I was spending with my screaming children in line too. So to the lady behind me, sorry, get a life and quit acting so huffy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I think after having kids I am much more sympathetic to "that" mom- probably because there are times when I am "that" mom as well!
Hahaha I love it! More power to you!
Here here! I always make sure to not get in that line if I have just a few things, because I don't want to make that person feel guilty they are taking too much time. Everyone has the same right to save money. Some just choose not to do it, or to line jump when they see a shorter line. We were raised by mom. We don't know any different.
HA! I love it! Amazing what having kids will do to your perspective!
So my husband is super busy studying, which means I have to keep busy in order to keep myself from distracting him while he studies...anyway I have been working on my christmas cards and I need your address. when you get a chance will you email it to me? rtfordham@gmail.com
We love our kids...we love our kids...we love our kids...
Post a Comment