Monday, July 20, 2009

Picture This...

Picture this if you will. It's 10:30 pm tonight. Sydney and Mady are sleeping peacefully in their beds. Aaron is sleeping peacefully on the couch. I am checking email and blog hopping while watching Twilight and contemplating how perfect the girl who played Jessica was. Seriously. All of a sudden I hear sirens. At first I think it's a police car ('cause I'm smart like that), but after a few seconds I realize it's not getting louder or quieter (as the car would get closer or further away) and it's staying on for too long. I wake Aaron up to confirm my theory that it's tornado sirens I'm hearing. I quickly check our favorite weather website and confirm that we have a tornado warning. We both go upstairs to get the girls and drag them down to the basement. While I'm shushing Mady back to sleep and Aaron is on his way down the hall with a very sleepy Sydney on his shoulder, the sirens stop. Thank heavens the girls went back to bed without any problems. Seriously, thank you. Now it's pouring like we're back in Minnesota again. Good thing I watered my garden today.
Also, I'm pretty much the most amazing party planner person ever. We had a poop party at my house today. I didn't even send out invitations and we still had 7 attendees. Amazing.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Seven? That has got to be some sort of record! So...not sad...I wasn't invited. I've heard poop parties smell...

Adrianne Miller said...

hahahahaha. Wow. Poop parties. Sometimes we never have a single poop here and then the next day there is a huge explosion of poop. So grateful he saves it up for me. NOT.
Sounds like an exciting night, well...and day too ... at your house.
By the way, at Olive Garden I got the Stuffed Chicken Marsala. So good.

Nikki said...

You are hilarious! I miss you!

Heath and Jessica said...

Way to turn an interesting situation into a funny one. On both accounts. The Jessica in Twilight is doing a new movie with George Clooney. I like her too. Give both the girls kisses & hugs from us, when they are awake of course.

Amber said...

This might sound crazy - but I miss weather like that - so exciting (as long as no one gets hurt). I wish we could see you guys again - It's been waaaay too long.

Rachel said...

Just wanted to make sure you knew that just cause the siren stops doesn't mean you are out of danger. They usually give an all clear siren later (though Columbus doesn't) but the siren goes for a certain period of time and stops but the tornado could still be coming your way. Check for an all clear before heading back to bed.