I decided to get brave today and let Sydney finger paint for the first time. I didn't have real ones, so I pulled out my acrylic toll paints (which haven't been used for a little while...). They are water based, so they come off of hard surfaces (like floors) really easily. Clothes, not so much, so we took some precautions.

Sydney was absolutely delighted to discover that she didn't get in trouble for getting completely messy.

She kept wanting more colors and they sort of ended up all mixing together to form this lovely grayish color.

After it started to dry she decided it was uncomfortable on her bare skin and tried to wipe it off.

A close up of the war paint

NOW we are finally clean! We had to scrub her all down and clean under every finger nail and in her belly button, but we finally got it all (although in this pic her tummy was still stained blue - it wore off soon). Then she got to use Mommy's special bubble bath. She was thrilled.

She also watched Sesame Street for the first time that day (loved it) and we went to the park after naps. The park was awesome and Sydney loved the slide. To get there we walked up a large hill behind our house to get a little exercise. You know how when you climb (especially at high altitudes) and you are out of shape your inner thighs start to burn a bit? Add that I was pushing a 30+ lb kid in a stroller and wearing a 20+ lb kid in an infant carrier and they started burning long before they should have. Add that Mady kicked my inner thighs
every step of the way and lets just say I was really really glad when we reached the top of that hill.

"Whee!" She would lay down and her hair got all static-y! It was hilarious. She can climb up the stairs and go down the big and little slides all by herself. When did she get so big?

Such a sweetheart
Not remotely related, but darling. I had a request for more videos from the family members that don't see our kiddos as often as they would like (who wouldn't want to see them, right?) so here you go Adi. Mady rolling today in all her happy glory. Enjoy.
7 comments:
A whole video just for me! Hooray. I love the censored first picture. Too funny.
Rori that this was soooo funny. I think you are superwoman for climbing that hill!
Keep up the hill climbing. Your thighs won't burn so bad after a bit. It is worth it. Love the pics of the girls! Mady is getting so big! Love Syd's cute capri's!!!
So fun! Painting is always a favorite with kids. Why is it they have the best time making messes? You are such a cute mom.
Holy Kraznots! You are a fun and brave momma! Can my kids come to your house to play?
Fingerpainting with toll paints, you are brave! We miss you guys and can't wait to come visit next month!!!
So fun! I love finger painting!! They always make for good pictures AND great memories! She is adorable!
Post a Comment