Monday, July 13, 2009

Big Kids & a Bit of Silliness

I can hardly believe it. The day finally came when Sydney had enough hair to need a hair cut. Not because it was too long, just scraggly looking. Here is an adorable photo of her waiting for me to trim it. We don't have an after photo per say, but it's really the same, just thicker looking (no wispy ends) and a bit shorter. We trimmed it in hopes that it would make it grow faster. We'll see how it goes!
We went to the pool with our friends Casey and Kenzie a few weeks ago. I loved this photo of Kenzie leading Sydney to the kiddie pool. They're going to be best buds. Too bad there was lightning and we didn't actually get to swim. Shucks.
My little Mady is such a bundle of joy. She's my snuggle buddy and holding her is the best. She smells like heaven. Even Sydney smells her noggin and says Mmmm! She learned to roll from her back to belly last Monday (Jul 6) and on Sunday (Jul 12) learned to roll from her belly to her back. And how to roll continuously around the room until she hits a wall or the couch and she cries for us to help her. Goodbye immobility. It was nice while it lasted. sigh
This is her new favorite toy. A golf club. Tigress Woods here.
Sydney thinks it is fun to get in Mady's crib once Mady wakes up and give her kisses and call her sister. Too too cute.
Sydney is learning how to actually play with all of her toys now and is getting good at it. She'a also speaking alot more - hallelujah!
In non-Sydney news, Mady tried rice cereal and was less than pleased. We'll try again later.
I'm convinced this one is part goat. This is what I found when I walked in the room a few weeks ago.
Sydney learned about princesses a week ago and she loves them now. This is her dancing to the music video on Enchanted. Every time the characters in the movie kiss, she comes up to us to get a kiss. She's also obsessed with the dragon at the end of the movie and will babble about her. Also she loved pirates. Good interests for my almost 2 year old right?
She's obsessed with jewelry lately too. She's sharing bracelets with her animals.
Just a bit of silliness really. For our fans that haven't seem any of her lately, here you go. We can always use some Sydney sillies in our day.

Dancing. Notice Mady the whole time with her golf club.

We've been stocking up on diapers and toilet paper lately and Sydney has a new favorite pastime. She's such a helper.

Also if you want to see something completely crazy, click here: http://news.aol.com/article/ladybugs-cover-mountain/567124

it was in-sane. Sydney would be in heaven. She loves bugs and loves to let them crawl on her ( a product of the butterfly encounter) Have a great week all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED the videos!!! It's so fun to see the girls moving around and interacting. And I always love to hear your voice, Dev. So Fun!

Adrianne Miller said...

What a great post. Do more videos so I don't feel like I'm missing so much of their lives. I can't believe how big Mady got. She looks huge compared to my giant baby. Can't wait to see you guys again this summer.

The Coopers said...

I love it! I have not been brave enough to cut Kenzie's hair yet eventhough it is longer on one side. It is curly so you can tell :) Mady is so cute and that is funny that she gets around by rolling. I love Kenzie's face in that picture, she is super serious when it comes to getting to the swimming pool, haha. Lets go to the pool again soon!

rick and cheryl said...

If only we could get a few down here. Lexie has been asking for ladybugs for her birthday. What? I'm going to have to find that place. Incredible.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh man...you have got some serious cute at your house!