Today was Sydney's first Independence Day! We started off with our ward's traditional pancake breakfast. I think Sydney ate an entire pancake! She was so happy about it. (Food makes her that way). We came home, took naps, ate some burgers, and got ready to go to the fireworks.
She soon cheered up though (after a bunch of Cheerios) and was pretty calm the rest of the time. Although apparently last year the show was pretty poor, it was really great this year! We're used to the fireworks in Idaho (which is actually one of the best shows West of the Mississippi), and we've seen some pretty poor ones in other places we've lived. We were very impressed with this show and really pleased with it! We had some serious issues getting out when the super smart people over there decided to control traffic in the most ridiculous way possible. We finally got home though, so all in all it was a great day!

9 comments:
Syd was probaly just initially scared of the noise at first, it can be so loud. Glad that she calmed down. Looks like you guys had a wonderful 4th!
She sure is growing up! Syd doesn't look so much like a baby anymore. She will be running around before you know it. You guys are such great parents. We haven't ever taken our kids to see any fireworks. Lame, I know. Maybe we'll give in next year.
Great pictures...and yes it is about time you updated your blog! ;) I love her sweet smile!
Glad you had a good 4th. We enjoyed the Idaho fireworks for you :). Happy birthday twin!!
Happy Birthday yesterday! We sure missed you this weekend :-)
Happy b-day, Dev! We missed not having you at the "works". It was a great show and we were glad to be with the family! Kayden is sooo huge!
Sydney is so cute! BTW, all the clothes I told you about are at the house, so you can get them when you go.
Looks like a fun night. We just stayed home...but we could see 1/2 of southland's show from there.
Looks like a great time! We sure missed you guys at the reunion!
I always wanted one of those light up necklaces too... Maybe Isaac can get one next year and I can play with his!!
Post a Comment