Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me...

OK so I just had a birthday and I had to post my cute pics on here for all to see. I'm pretty sure I have the most darling baby girl on the planet, which is actually what inspired me to take these pictures, not the fact that I am now 26, which my sister-in-law has so kindly informed me is "middle-aged." Ha ha! I think not, but one thing I determined to do a little while ago was to age gracefully. I don't mean physically, because it's sort of hard to control that sort of thing. I mean attitude-wise. I know so many people who freak out when they turn 30 or 40 or whatever, and I really hope to just be able to take each year in stride. So guess what? I'm 26, and I wouldn't care if that number was 36! I hope to be able to proudly state my age each year, so that when I'm 65, I can grin and tell people that I've lived 65 good years. That's my goal anyway! :)
Sydney and Aaron surprised me with singing and a few presents. I got the movie Eragon (very good, as are the books), a pen picked out specifically by Sydney while at Best Buy, and.... a BB/Pellet Gun also known as a varmint shooter. Hooray! I think Sydney was mostly confused about the whole thing, but excited that I was excited. She also repeatedly tried to eat my presents. I don't know how they tasted since I took more of a looking approach.
She is still not very helpful in the present unwrapping arena. She mostly just wanted me to tear pieces of paper off for her to eat. Yum.
For those of you out there wondering (and I know you are!), I really did want the BB Gun - we've got a serious rabbit problem in Colorado. It's so fancy it even has a little scope! It's probably not a great one (and let's face it, I really don't need one) but it's sort of exciting that it has one anyway, I'm not gonna lie.
Also tonight a whole bunch of girls from our ward went out to Chili's to celebrate mine as well as 2 other girls birthdays. This means I am extra full but had tons of fun having a girls night and enjoyed a little time away. As I got there a family arrived with 3 kids, lugging in the kids, diaper bags, and other paraphernalia that kids attract. I had a weird moment where for a split second I wondered where my diaper bag was. Hadn't I brought it? Then I relaxed and enjoyed the fact that Sydney was spending the evening with her daddy and I was getting a milkshake. The end.

8 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

When I say middle age, I say it with love. It's just because we are the same age for a few short weeks and I like to make fun of myself. Plus, I decided that after you get married, ageing isn't a bad thing. Doesn't matter anymore. So hooray to ageing!
Happy birthday also. I want to come visit so you can teach me how to shoot your gun.

Allison said...

Fun presents! And you are right... you do have the cutest little girl in the whole world (that is until I have one of my own... then she will be second cutest!) Fun facts above too... I laughed that I knew some of the stories behind those :)

Heath and Jessica said...

I love your present! Now maybe you can practice at hitting your targets in one try! (Not like I have room to talk.) I feel sorry I didn't get to talk to you on your birthday. Our phones weren't working at the reunion.

Bethany said...

Fun. Happy Birthday.
Don't let your neighbors see or hear you shoot your gun. It is illegal in our dear city. I hide behind my patio table with mine. :)

Katie said...

So glad taht you had a fabulous birthday!! Love the BB Gun! :0)

Leah said...

Happy Birthday D! You are old like me now! =)

Unknown said...

YAY! I didn't know our birthday's were close! HaPpY BirThDaY to YOU!! Aren't birthday's the BEST?! And I'm totally cracking up picturing you with a BB gun shooting RABBITS of all things! Good luck with that. You should have Aaron take a picture!

jksfam said...

Happy Birthday! 36 isn't bad, either...