Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Funny Thing Happened at Walmart

People do weird things you know that? It's usually in a large public gathering place too. Last week I had a fun little experience that I thought I'd share. I was in Walmart hurrying around, in my jeans, t-shirt, and ponytail. I'm slinging Sydney around in her carseat on one arm and doing a real quick pace down the aisles while also talking on my cell phone. As I turned around I noticed this petite semi-middle aged woman looking at me and I immediately thought, "She looks like she's going to talk to me. Oh no, am I supposed to know her? Who is she? I don't know her - do I?" I had to walk past her to leave, and as I did I could see her lips moving and hear sound, but she was sort of mumbling so I didn't catch what she said. Then she spoke up and said, "You'd be a beautiful Mrs. Colorado! We'd love to have you!" And pressed the following business card into my hand:

Needless to say I was a little stunned and at a serious loss for words. :)

11 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

You go girl! Do it! =) How fun would that be. A mother in a beauty pageant. That would rock! What a great self esteem booster! I would feel so great if someone said that to me....they never would, but it would be nice.

Heath and Jessica said...

How funny is that! Between you & Haylee, we could have quite the pageant thing in our family!

Unknown said...

Well? Are you gonna do it? I have to agree with her myself. You go show the world what you're made of!

Adrianne Miller said...

What if you were just a single mother walking around Walmart and weren't a Mrs? Would you still getta go do it?

Shawn and Brittany said...

You should do it! They will fly your family somewhere cool for the pagent cause part of it is about the family. The summer I was in Chicago with the Soc dept they were there with their hubbies and kids. DO IT! What do you have to loose?

Karen said...

I've told you. I think you should do and I shall be your agent.

Karen said...

it...I forgot the word "it" in my last comment.

Gomez said...

You should do it Dev.....you are beautiful.

Bethany said...

I would love to say I knew you when...

Adrianne Miller said...

so are you getting internet?? I think a post is missing and I'm dying to hear if you are!

Stafford said...

Why are they scouting for beauty pagent contestants in WalMart?