Thursday, September 13, 2012

Vacation Time

Back in July we headed out to Idaho for a family vacation.  First up we hit the Rexburg Independance Day parade (the best!)
Next we hit the fireworks with my fam.  Here's my brother Ryan (in his annual appearance on this blog) and my newest nephew Kendrik.  He has 2 boys and we have 2 girls, so we balance each other out nicely.
The girls were thrilled, although Mady was pretty nervous about the noise before it started.  They did great though, so hooray!
Next we stopped by the Rexburg Temple, where we had Sydney sealed to us 4 years ago. It was so beautiful and we loved spending a little time on the grounds, even if it was brief!
 Here's our little family now!  We've gotten a little bigger!

 Then we headed up to Yellowstone National Park.  I took the girls last year and Aaron had been jealous of our little day trip ever since, so we headed up to revisit.  Shortly after entering, some buffalo greeted us.  Some things never change.
 Then we stopped to soak our feet in the Firehole River.  This is where Mady fell in last time, but we didn't have any unanticipated swims this year!
 Stopped by the pools and the boiling mud.
 This year we camped with most of my family a little outside Yellowstone.  The girls were DELIGHTED to hang out with their cousins!  Kayden and the girls were inseparable!  They wore the little super hero "capes" all weekend!
Here they were off having a secret club meeting or something.  So cute!
 Here we all are!  My grandma and her new husband even came up from Las Vegas!  It was so fun to see everyone!
 Then it was back down to my parents house to hang out with another sister who couldn't come camping.  Her little girl couldn't stay out of the water to save her life!  Silly Chloe!
 We did some family photos while we were out there and got this one of us girls (my 2 sisters and I just in case you didn't catch the family resemblance.) 
 My little sis and I also showed up in matching Old Navy tees, so we had to get a pic of that too!  Growing up we always looked like twins and still often get mistaken for each other, so I thought it was very fitting that we dressed alike on accident!
We had so much fun seeing all of our family!  Aaron's family members are apparently allergic to cameras, because I realized I have no photos of them (but they live in the same place my fam does and we saw them too!)  I'll get a hypoallergenic camera next time and take some! 

No comments: