Saturday, September 15, 2012

So back on August 14, 2012, Sydney started preschool!  This is a more organized preschool than last year's co-op (which was so good and which I would totally do again).  Sydney is decent academically speaking, but not ready for Kindergarten socially.  She's a little shy and she's a kid that likes to watch and figure out what's happening before she jumps in.  We decided we weren't comfortable sending her to kindergarten as a 4 year old, even though she made the cutoff for school this year, so we are waiting one year and doing a more hard core preschool this year.  Here they are on the "safety line" when I went to pick her up the first day.
 There's my girl with a big smile!  She was delighted!
 Then on the 31st we went to the temple to have a picnic with some friends.  It was wonderful being on the temple grounds and we've made a goal to do it more often.  The last time my kids were at the Denver Temple was almost a year and a half ago and they STILL talk about it.  Clearly, it was past time to go back.
 The kids wanted to eat, but we knew peanut butter would get all over their dresses, so I made them take pictures first.  Thus all the folded arms and unhappy faces.
 Best photo of Mady in the bunch.  Seriously.
 This was post peanut butter lunch, but we just turned them around so the stains could not be seen. 
 I told the kids we were going to dress up a little to show Jesus how much we love and respect him and the temple, because when we go to the temple we try to wear our best for Jesus.  Since we were not going in, I was thinking they'd wear some play skirts or something casual just to get the principle of dressing up across.  The came down in the sparkliest outfits they could find, so I figured the principle had been adequately addressed and left it at that.

Here are all of the girls behind the temple in the Bride's Pavilion.  It's so beautiful and peaceful back there and we loved experiencing it.  We're so lucky to have a temple so close that we can visit!

1 comment:

Heath and Jessica said...

So awesome! I think I'll try the dressing up in our best bit for my young women. See if they come out in their sparkliest dresses. If not, I'll show them what kids under 5 dress up in. Give them something to live up to.