A few weeks ago my parents came to visit. We took a nice little day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. It made for a long day and a long drive, but it was worth it! First we went hiking up to Nymph lake.
Here's my handsome folks.
And my cutsey family
Then we continued up to Dream Lake. Here's my Dad and Aaron. Does that view look familiar? Go check out the Colorado state quarter. It's this view right here!
Yay we made it! Did you know we've also been married 10 years now people? 10 years! That's a whole decade! Happy Anniversary to us (not on that exact day, but I was just thinking of it).
We drove up Trail Ridge Road and went to check out the Alpine Tundra hike. As you can see, it was windy. It was also cold, and a lot freaking longer than it said it was.
Aaron and Sydney did this one last year (a part of it) while I watched Mady sleep in the car.
Here we all are at a mere 12,000 feet above sea level. I knew the landscape up there was fragile, but there were signs up there telling us that at their upper limits, trees only grow an inch in diameter ever 100 years and that if you damage the landscape it could take hundreds of years to grow back! Let's definitely stay on the path!
We had lots of fun! I'd been dying to get up there, so I was so glad we did! Hopefully we can make it again this year!

No comments:
Post a Comment