Saturday, September 10, 2011

Birthday Girl

I know you're all shocked.  I've posted more in the past 2 weeks than I have in ages!  Get ready for another good one because this little girl just turned 4 years old today!  What????  I know you're flabbergasted just like me, but let's try to move on.  We dragged out the celebrating as long as possible and went to dinner on Thursday night at Red Robin.  Do you love her earrings?  Sydney does all her own accessorizing (in case you ever wondered).
 The next morning Sydney came running in and said, "There's a bunch of balloons in the hall!"  I had spent the night before blowing up about 50 balloons (yes, my cheeks hurt) for her.  We were going to put them in her room to surprise her, but she sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night and I knew if that happened and she saw balloons in her room at 3 AM, all would be lost.  So we left them in the hall overnight, but she woke up before we did and found them before we got them in there!  It turned out perfect because we shut all the doors upstairs and they treated it like a ball pit!  They were diving in the balloons, throwing and kicking and sitting on them.  They had SOOO much fun with these that they're still there!  I have to wade through balloons any time I want to get to my room.  Less fun, but still totally worth it!  

 Next were the family presents.
 Then a trip to the zoo.  On your birthday you get a button that says, "Happy Birthday Sydney!" (or whomever) plus a free ice cream cone and carousel ride.  During her carousel ride the zoo personnel even sang Happy Birthday to Sydney.  She was soooo happy.  Mady cried because no one was singing to her and she was convinced it was her birthday too.  Sigh.  When that girl's birthday finally gets here she is going to be overwhelmingly happy.  Sydney did share her birthday ice cream most willingly, so Mady made out just fine.
 Sydney L-O-V-E-D hanging out with Daddy (happy day!)
 Today we had her birthday party and it was so entertaining.  I love having that many toddlers in one place.  It's always hilarious.  We were going to have a pool/water balloon/slip n' slide party (per Syd's request) but it was a teensy bit chilly, so we scrambled and threw together some party games at the last minute.
 Of, course, we had to have the pinata.  And our smallest munchkin learned the hard way why you have to stay away from people swinging at a pinata.  Ouch.
 Sydney got crazy spoiled and got more presents than she's ever seen.  She had such wonderful and fun friends.  They were all perfect.
 And we ate mass quantities of "Sause" (sausage) pizza.  Her shirt can prove it.  I think it might be permanently stained orange.  At least she was happy!
We had so much fun with Sydney and all her friends!  Thanks to everyone who wished her Happy Birthday and who came!  She loved every minute of it!  We are so glad to have her in our family!

As an added bonus, here is a video of the girls with the balloons.  Four of them (because Sydney is 4 years old) had $1 bills in them and after Mady accidentally popped a balloon, Sydney was bound and determined to get the money out of those things!  It was hilarious and seriously entertained her for AT LEAST 20 minutes.  This is definitely a new tradition of ours.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

Adrianne Miller said...

Jack watched and rewatched Sydney popping that balloon and laughed every single time. We are going to do that balloon thing too and say that the "balloon fairy" came in the night. We obviously need to invest in a pump don't we?