I have a lovely history of Mother's Days. It was not my favorite day for a long time, but even after I became a mom, we had some exciting times.
Mother's Day 2008: At 4:30 I was up because Sydney had peed out of her diaper and all over everything. Welcome to motherhood!
Mother's Day 2009: Sydney graciously got up and got into my lipstick that was in my scriptures in my nightstand. She wiped it all over my light carpet. I sat in church by myself because I had to sing and she and Aaron were sick. So much fun.
Mother's Day 2010: Everyone was sick but me.
Mother's Day 2011: So far, it's the best one yet! Currently our worst ailments are being sore from planting our vegetable garden and building another garden yesterday. Yesterday Aaron took Sydney to a Kids Workshop and they brought me home this lovely planter. Sydney walked in and said, "Happy Wednesday Mommy!"
This morning when I came downstairs I found she and Aaron cooking me breakfast. Sydney informed me that it was all for me because it was Mother's Day. Aaron said, "What do you tell Mommy?" and Sydney replied, "You're handsome!"
I love my girls! (and my boy too!)
Happy Women's Day to all of you! Regardless of your current family situation, today is about all women and our proclivity for motherhood. Thank you for being the women you are and for being an example to me and to my little girls. We love and appreciate you!

1 comment:
My mother's day had a lot of poop in it this year. Funny how that works! Hope you had a nice day!
Post a Comment