Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sprouts Fun

We love Sprouts Farmers Markets, so we were thrilled when one opened just down the street 2 weeks ago.  We had a great time at the grand opening (I think my kids thought we were at a carnival or something).  We went back last Friday to get some great produce at even better prices.  As I put the last item on the conveyor belt at the cash register to check out, I heard a loud crash.  I turned to discover Sydney lying flat on her back on the cement floor with the shopping cart on top of her (on it's side) and Mady still tightly strapped in the top seat just hanging there...screaming.  Sydney had stood on the side of the empty cart and pulled the whole thing down.  There was a lot of screaming from both kids and we were surrounded by freaked out employees immediately.  Once I got Mady a pacifier and Sydney some fruit snacks they calmed down.  I was able to get Sydney to tell me where she was hurt and she pointed to her feet.  I couldn't believe that after all that only her feet hurt (glad, but shocked).  Sprouts was great and helped us a ton.  No one was majorly injured and Sydney was thrilled because, "I got purple toes like daddy!"  Her feet had little purple bruises from where the cart hit her, but otherwise both kids were thankfully unhurt and very scared.
Today we went back to Sprouts.  The first thing Sydney did was climb on the side of the cart (which, incidentally, she had almost never done before).  We had a good talk about what had happened last time and I think maybe it finally clicked this time.  I hope.  The good news?  The cashier we went to today remembered us.  "Were you the ones that were in here and..." Me, "Fell?  Yup that's us."  Glad to know they have people who care!  Make sure you buckle your babies in the carts from now on!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow! Glad they are both ok. I love that Syd is excited to have purple toes like her daddy!

Allison said...

Yikes! What a scary moment!

Cara said...

what a story! good thing you have hardy kids who made it through!

Kiffon said...

How scary! Glad the girls were both okay.

Heath and Jessica said...

Mom told me about this. I am glad that you guys are all okay. All things come in 3's, so with Aaron's ankle, Sydney's elbow & the Sprouts incident, hopefully you are done for a very long time!

Amber said...

This exact thing happened to us with Tommy and Scotty. Scary, but they were both fine. I could see the fear of lawsuits all over the employees faces. Happy they were ok and I really wish we'd get some sort of market here.

Southern Spud said...

Eek! Glad purple toes were the only result! (And a mommy adrenaline rush.) I wonder if that's where the benefits of cushioning diapers come in. . . . ;)