Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lots of Stuff

OK, so first of all, a request - If you have our blog linked on yours, please make sure our last name is not listed. This is in an attempt to keep our blog public for as long as possible.

Second, it finally snowed and has stuck! Hooray Hooray! Mind you, it's also been FREEZING the last couple of days (yesterday it was below zero in lots of places, although we didn't venture out until it was a balmy 12 degrees). I truly love the snow though, especially around Christmas time. It's my favorite. I couldn't handle living someplace with no snow. That's why Colorado is perfect for us - all 4 seasons in moderation! Hooray!

Due to a long story that doesn't need to be shared here, we are currently sledless (it's coming home soon), so last week I took Sydney out and pulled her around our backyard in a laundry basket. Yeah, I'm weird like that, I know. Honestly, she was less than impressed. She was also sick, so I (being a semi-decent mom) only allowed her to stay outside for about 4.3 minutes despite the ridiculous number of layers I stuffed her into. She was happy to go back in and forget mom's weird fascination with the snow.
Sydney has recently discovered her belly button. She frequently lifts her shirt to look for it. I know this seems a little late, but honestly, with the size of this girl's belly, it's sometimes kind of hard to see. Even now she has to do a little tummy tuck to see it. Hil-arious. Also every time she sees a belly button she makes her sign for bunny (two fingers hopping). Not sure what the connection there is. Maybe she thinks this thing kicking in my stomach is a bunny hopping.
My favorite ever. I bought this coat last spring on clearance and could not be happier with it. Talk about the cutest pea coat ever. What a trendy girl we've got here. I think I put her in it at least 4 times yesterday and we only left the house once. Sorry Syd. Mommy likes dress up.
In other earth shattering news, Sydney officially has enough hair for a teeny tiny pony tail! There's nothing special about this picture except for the fact that she has one in. She's been in this awkward hair phase where she has too much to put the KY-Jelly bows in, but not enough for barrettes or ponytails, and she rips out all headbands, so she's gone all natural for awhile. Thus the "What a cute little boy" comments every time we leave the house. I completely have to distract her every time I try to do anything, but I have visual proof! There's a ponytail in there. Hallelujah.
Sydney loves to pick things up and then throw them all over again. Our house usually looks like a small toy shop exploded because there are random toys and toy parts EVERYWHERE. One of her favorite toys right now is a bag of Christmas bows (aren't we awesome parents?). She dumps them all out and then walks around and picks them up. She occasionally stops to show us some of her sweet dance moves as she goes.

2 weeks ago we had another ultrasound. Everything is great, kid is really big. At 32 weeks they estimated that she weighed 5.77 lbs (instead of the usual 3.5-4). We asked the Dr. if that meant she'd come early. He said it just meant she'd be big. Awesome. No really. I'm sort of terrified of tiny babies. So right now this kid could be almost 7 lbs! At a weight gain of 1/2 lb a week, we're looking at a potentially 10 lb full term baby.

Last but not least, Sydney is fascinated by everything lately. Every day she says "WOAH!" At least 50 times. I never realized there was so much to be amazed at, but she's helping me to rediscover the world. :) Thanks Syd. Also, she shares her mom's love of the Christmas tree. I feel like saying it too! WOAH!!!! (Sorry for the poor lighting, but her reaction was too cute.)

13 comments:

Haylee Mecham said...

Yay I am finally the first to post a comment! OK the Pea Coat is seriously adorable... I want it. And I love little Syd's tiny pony tail. Its cute. I love how random you are out pulling your child around the yard in a laundry basket. it cracks me up. And I love how Sydney loves all the random things in your house and they are all considered her "toys" bags, lids, bows, empty cans, etc. And hooray for big babies! We love them. They are born half grown.

Adrianne Miller said...

Good job posting two videos, lots of pictures, a pea coat, and an ultra sound picture. This, much like the perfect storm, is the perfect post.

Allison said...

1) Aaron sleeping in the background of the video.... awesome!

2) Veggietales on making Syd dance and putting Aaron to sleep... perfect.

3)Peacoat=adorable!! Does it come in size maternity BIG?

4) I miss you guys! So much fun and random stuff!

Heath and Jessica said...

Very ingenious about the laundry basket sled. The pea coat is too too cute! I would have put it on tons of times too! She beat my record of no pony tails until 2 years. I am not surprised that you had veggie tales playing in one of the videos. It must be all the Idaho potatoes we ate as kids to make you guys have such big babies! They are cuter when they are bigger & chubby! I miss you guys & hope to be able to see you in the next few months!

Stafford said...

I too noticed that Aaron was sleeping in the background of the video and at least one other pic. HAHA! Thanks for sharing your fun stuff.

Laurie said...

Very cute! love the coat! love the tree! and who could not love Sydney. hee hee, I rhymed. Congrats on a potential 10pounder! I love the pony tail sooooo much! I was so happy when I could finally put Millie's hair up too. I think I took a thousand pictures at every angle. When are you due with #2? It's very exciting!
Also, I have a link you your blog on my blog but my blog is private, so I'm not sure if you are still concerned...

Rachel said...

She is so much like Luci. Luci's latest thing is "Oh, Wow!" and it really turns out interesting at times when she says that. She also likes the whole dump things out pick them up thing. That has played into Christmas gifts this year. You should have seen her first ponytail. We use rubberbands so when their hair is like a 1/2 inch, I start ponytails. It's funny I know, but atleast they don't look as much like boys and I add bows to the ponytail in front of the rubberband so that helps.

Katie said...

ahhh!! She is adorable! i love her "bunny button" and her coat. I also love that her mom pulled her around outside in a laundry basket..priceless!

Fullmer Family said...

So cute! I absolutely LOVE that little coat! I want one my size please. :) CJ loves saying "Whoa" and "Wow" - it cracks me up every time, no matter how many times he's already said it! :) Kids are so cool! Big baby - that's good. When is the exact due date again?? We're so excited for you guys. :)

Karen said...

A big ol' shout out for small toy shop explosions. All I know is that your house is Eli's favorite place ever besides the bath tub...because there he can poop all he wants. Love that girl. She is what we call absolutely adorable.

Christina said...

Too much to comment on this fun post. Love the sled, love the pea coat, and love the ponytail! Mine come out with pigtails, I swear. Ya- it's good to know your baby is big and healthy. Mine were all small to the point of worry. I hope you don't go full term though. 10 lbs. on a first delivery might not be very fun. You are sooo close. Good luck! You guys have a merry christmas too!

Oh- and is the last name okay if my blog is private? I can take it off entirely if you prefer.

Christina said...

BTW- I just awarded you on my blog:)

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Can we keep Syd when you have a new one? She is A-dorable!