We love summer. I mean who doesn't? The sun, warmth, pools, vacations, etc. But it's been especially fun this year since we have a house, yard, and garden. (Going part time and being able to enjoy all of this hasn't exactly hurt either!) ;)
We're having fun with our garden and have harvested lettuce, spinach, some peas, and and even one zucchini that was about 1 foot long! Hooray. We've pulled a couple of carrots and onions too (even though they were tiny!), and it has been really fun.
And today we had a great BBQ. Aren't these the prettiest darn Shish-kabobs you ever did see? They had pork marinated in Caribbean Jerk sauce (yum!), onions, pineapple, red and green peppers and yellow squash (from our cute little farmer's market at Southlands), and zucchini and snow peas from our garden!

5 comments:
Yummy!! Those vegetables sound divine! I am excited by the prospect of a garden/home in Ohio...those shishkabobs look AMAZING!
The food looks good. . and your blog does too! I'm so glad you finally posted again!!
I totally want to come for dinner. I need to get on that speed-of-light transport device. Gardening is so great.
Awesome garden, I am jealous. You have the touch. Love food photos!!!
I want to come over for a BBQ! Will you make me some kabobs that look just like that??
Post a Comment