Friday, July 27, 2007

The One You've All Been Waiting For

Ok so I'm finally posting the pictures of the Harry Potter book party last week. Our friends Karen and Zack (and their baby Eli) went with us to Barnes & Noble at about 10:30 PM on Friday night (July 20). We watched the costume contest (there were some amazing ones and even one super creepy little kid that looked exactly like Voldemort - shaved head, pastey white makeup with red veins showing slightly around his temples. Other than the fact that this kid had a nose, he totally looked like a mini-me Voldy. Cree-py.
Anyway, we went to the party, then at about 11:45 we drove across the street to Walmart and got in line to get the book there. When we walked in a few little kids saw Zack and went nuts. They were like "It's Harry Potter!" It was hilarious. We got our books and we got some bracelets (One for each house except Hufflepuff, which means that together, Sarah and I have a matched set). I put mine on and decided not to take it off until I finished the book (except for a brief little time where it accidentally came off on my gardening glove when I pulled that off, I kept with it too).

All dressed up for the Party.

Our own Harry Potter
A little wizard in training. Eli was a good sport for it being almost midnight.
The long awaited books. We love them.
My bracelet (it says Gryffindor).
We went home after buying our books (we cheated and bought them in Electronics so we wouldn't have to wait in the long line, especially since there were a few poor souls who decided to do their yearly grocery shopping on that night. Lesson to be learned, even if you're not interested in what is coming out, if it's this big, know when it is so you can avoid it!

We came home and I started reading almost immediately. I kept at it until 4:30 AM, and finally went to sleep. I knew I'd never be able to function the next day since Aaron was wanting to work in the yard. I didn't read too much over the rest of the weekend, so I worked on it Monday and Tuesday, and finished it Tuesday night/Wednesday morning at 2:30 AM. Oh gosh guys it's sooooo good. I came close to crying in the second chapter. It was the saddest. I loved it though and I am sad that it's over. Good thing that Aaron and I are going to read it together now - it'll gave me a chance to remember some of the details that have gotten fuzzy.

5 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

I love the costumes. These books have been so much fun in so many ways. I am grieving still over the characters that dies & since there will be no more books. I guess the remaining 2 movies will help wind things down.

Shawn and Brittany said...

You make me laugh! You are so funny with Harry Potter. Maybe if I lived by you I would get into it just to go to costume parties with you at midnight...

Bethany said...

Looks like alot of fun was had by all. Go Eli!

The Dixon Family said...

Ha ha. This is great. I've seen a side of Zach that I've never seen before . . .

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Okay, how cute do you look all dressed up? And that little Eli....give me a break...that is too cute. I'm really excited to read the book. I think I'm the only one on the planet not reading it!! Sad, I know. Chad actually just went to B and N to buy me Year 5! I know, I'm a little behind. I still don't know who dies in Year 5. Sad huh? Anyway, it is Saturday, I'll let you know when I finish. Talk to you soon.