Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Adventures in Chair Shopping

Some of you know that I have ideas about things. Lots of them actually. So I KNEW I wanted a traditional rocking chair for my nursery! Well, after much shopping, I finally decided a couple of things:


1. Traditional Rocking Chair are not very popular, and therefore very difficult to find.

2. Not so great in the comfort arena

3. Drat :(

So we started looking at gliders. But I don't really like traditional nursery gliders. Plus the only REALLY comfortable ones I could find were also REALLY expensive ($550? No thanks.)




Then we found these upholstered gliders. Classy looking and pretty darn comfy. I thought we had found a match. Until we realized that Babies R Us is basically the only physical store that carries them. And they are still really expensive. Double Drat.


So we spent about 4 1/2 hours at American Furniture Warehouse on Saturday and ended up coming home with a rocker/recliner and a mismatched ottoman. I liked the ottoman because the tan and green combo goes great in the tan and green nursery, and it is very comfy (Aaron and I have each accidentally fallen asleep in it already!). Plus it's microfiber and will hopefully wear better than a few other fabrics. So here is the first real piece of furniture we bought for the nursery! What do you think?

4 comments:

Shawn and Brittany said...

Looks comfy to me!

Sarah Schwartz said...

Good to go for confort. Hope you don't need to sleep in it (I've only spent one night in our glider - double ear infection).

Heath and Jessica said...

They have traditional & comfy rocking chairs at Cracker Barrell! They aren't too expensive, & are extremely comfy. (In case you are ever in need of another rocker.) You got a good pick though!

Devony said...

I hear that. We don't have a Cracker Barrel anywhere near us though...