Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Big News....


Guys the day has finally come - we're getting a little girl!

She's due on April 14th, so around that time we will be traveling to Georgia (where her birthmom lives) to pick her up. We still have to hammer out some of the details and things, but we are really excited.

I painted the blocks for her room and Aaron is going to make a shelf to put them on! These beautiful roses are from Aaron (our caseworker actually called him first, so he got to tell me about her).

This means that we are busy shopping for her and trying to make sure we have all the essentials. There's definitely a lot to buy! We're having a great time though and loving every minute that we spend getting ready for her. Our families are really excited. My brother's wife is due one week after our little girl, so she'll even have a cousin her same age really soon!

5 comments:

Shawn and Brittany said...

Devony and Aaron- Congrats! We are so excited for you. I hope that I get you little blanket finished in time...if not she will be a baby for a few months so I have some time to work on it! Have you found the crib yet?

The Coopers said...

Wooo Hooooo! We are so excited for you! Our little girls can be friends and they can play together and have so much fun! :)

Katie said...

YEAH!!!!!!! We are soooooo excited for you!!! Ohhh, you will definately have to fill us in on ALL of the details! So, when do you leave for Georgia to go and get her?
Talk toy ou soon!!! Let me know if you need anything at ALL!
Love,
Katie, Luke, Livi and Spencer

Heath and Jessica said...

As you know all ready, I am so excited for my niece to arrive! As I promised at your shower, I am making a little scrapbook for her. Do you want it to be a combined baby book?

Angela said...

Congrats!

I am pregnant with my first and due on Labor Day. I would love for you to post your nursery decorating ideas and any great buys/baby items that you get. I don't know you, but I am friends with Heather Price Smith.

Where did you get the blocks that you painted B-A-B-Y? How big are they? They are super cute. Love the colors.