Look guys! Sprouties! We are so excited to plant a garden this spring that when we saw the seeds in Walmart a few weeks ago we bought some! We only got the ones we knew would have to be started indoors first. So here in our nice little tray we have peppers (on the left - the ones that just look like dirt. Because currently, they are just dirt) and tomatoes (on the right where you can see green).
We were very excited when we started getting sprouties and amazed at how quickly they are growing (they are about twice this size now). One slight problem we discovered this morning - it says to transplant them when they are about 3 inches tall in April or May. Except I think we planted them too early because they are about 2 inches now and they will be way bigger than 3 inches by April or May! Oops!
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Don't worry Devony. I think you can transplant them into large containers (like big disposible cups). For tomatoes, you pinch off the leaves on the bottom half to help the roots get stronger. It is sad, but helps them. I bet any greenhouse would be happy to correct me or give you more info. Keep us updated.
Is there anything you don't do???
Umm, yes. I am really terrible at sports. Particularly anything involving a ball. No, actually just all sports. Ballroom was the only sport I was ever good at and it's been long enough that that's pretty much gone too!
One thing to do when you do plant them outside is to take the plants & pull off the bottom leaves on the plant, & bend the root sideways, so part of the actual plant where you took off the leaves is underground. This also helps the roots get stronger. We have a master gardener in our ward (like Brother Henry, Dev), & he told me to do this. It works! I tried it last year! My tomato plants were huge & we had tons of tomatoes!
Post a Comment