Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Craftiness Projects

So my latest project has been these soft books. I have a whole bunch of them that I am sewing together and then quilting (there is batting in between the pages to make them puffy). I'm totally excited about them since they blend two of my favorite past times (sewing and reading) together! Plus while at the neighbor's super bowl party on Sunday, I'm pretty sure the soft book I was working on was the only reason that Lynn (a 2 year old friend of theirs) warmed up to me initially. It also gives me something to work on while watching TV, riding in the car, etc. I'm all over these things! (No seriously, every time I see one at the store I want to buy it!) But they will be great later on because kids can't rip them and you can throw them in the wash when they are dirty! Someone brilliant came up with these.

Also I wanted to post a picture of my very first project with my serger! Here is the first receiving blanket I have ever made (I think it turned out pretty well) and it was so quick with the serger! I love it. I'm so glad I have it. And it's not even that hard to thread! YAY!!!

5 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

Great projects Dev! Where do you get the kits for the soft books. i'd lokk to make some.

Sarah Schwartz said...

That's "love" to make some :)

Devony said...

You can get the soft books at most fabric stores (Walmart, JoAnns, Hancock, etc.) and they are sold by panel. Then you cut them out, sew them together with batting and quilt them!

Shawn and Brittany said...

Nice work Dev! You ready for crocheting edges now? I think that you would like it cause you can pick it up and put it down whenever! I am willing to teach whenever you want. Nice work on the books and blanket! You are so crafty!

The Dixon Family said...

I love them!!!!


*I'm serious about what I said about the blanket . . .think about it.