Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Brake for the Mechanic in Pink

Hello all! I get to brag a bit right now - about me! On Friday night Aaron started changing the front brakes on our Blazer. I was in the garage helping, and when he finished the first side, I said, "I can do that." So then I did the second side! I did it all by myself, with only a little coaching from Aaron (he also took the tire off but it wasn't my fault since it was off before I even got outside and decided I wanted to do it). So here are some pictures to document my new skill:

I got the brake pads and caliper off by myself - that was a little tough and a lot heavy - and made the telescoping part of the caliper get smaller (so the new brake pads would fit).
I took off the old rotor and put on a nice shiny new one (but did not touch it with my hands since the oils from your fingers make it wear unevenly).

Putting the dark green goo on the caliper and brake pads so they don't squeak.

Putting the tire and lug nut caps back on.
See I really did do it all! A video that we took will come next, but hooray, I did the brakes and now I know how! It was kind of fun too!

4 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Can I hire you?

Shawn and Brittany said...

Can I say that I am TOTALLY impressed?!!! I have always thought that you had all the answers and know how to do everything and now I know....I love the title too!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You are awesome!

Heath and Jessica said...

Way to go DEV!!!! I always knew you had it in you!