The only problem? We couldn’t find any fabric that looked remotely like it. Vertical green stripes must not be in this season. I think red is the new green. Except I didn’t want red. I wanted green. Blast my decisiveness!So we searched and searched and couldn’t find anything that we liked. Wait, that’s a lie. We found a few fabrics that we really liked. We just weren’t willing to pay for them. $25/yard? Are you kidding me? I needed 6 yards! I was NOT about to pay $150 for curtains, no matter how perfect they were. So we continued to go without while we waited and looked at more stores. Then, we came upon them at Linens N’ Things. Ding ding ding! A winner! Look how great the fabric is! And the price was pretty darn good too!
Not an exact match, but a great one! I like them even more than the original fabric! They look wonderful. And guess what? The paint that we picked out for the kitchen/dining room/living room matches the little tan stripe in there almost perfectly! Amazing! I love it! The fun doesn’t end there though! We didn’t have a rod (we couldn’t agree on the perfect one we were willing to pay for), so we went to JoAnn’s Fabric. Sigh. I love that store. We found a great rod for $35, and I had a 40% off coupon, so it would be about $20, which was pretty good. We went to check out and when the cashier scanned it, it was $15! So with my coupon, it was only $9! And I love it! Look at the beautiful finished product!
Guess what else? (I know, after all this lovely news the mind reels that there could be more). Because we have beautiful curtains now, we get to paint this weekend! We are going to buy the paint tonight and do the prep work so that I can paint tomorrow! YAY!!!! A pretty decorated house! I’ll post some pics when I get them! I’m sure you can’t wait! I can’t!

2 comments:
They look awesome! And, I think you and I have the same dining room table . . .I knew we were bff!
Very nice, Girl!! Way to go!
Post a Comment