Friday, March 04, 2011

Adventures in Feeding Toddlers

Sydney and I just made chicken salad.  While making it, Sydney informed me, "Sometimes I don't like chicken salad, 'cause I don't like it."
"How do you know?  You've never had it," I responded.
"I just don't like it," she said.
"What if someone said, 'I don't like gumbo; I've never had it?'"  I asked.
"I would say, 'That's silly!  Gumbo is tasty!  I like gumbo!"  she exclaimed.
"Exactly.  I like chicken salad.  You don't know if you like something until you try it.  This has chicken and celery and grapes and onions in it.  Do you like those foods?"
"Yes."
"Then why wouldn't you like this?"

After tasting it she exclaimed, "This is TASTY!"

My point exactly silly girl.

1 comment:

Haylee Mecham said...

I hope Ike gets to that point soon!! He is so picky sometimes. Go Syndey for trying something new!