The week before Christmas our ward had a great little party. Sydney decided she wanted to go up and sing with all the other little kids. Never mind that she hadn't practiced with them. She sat and twisted her skirt in her hands around her waist and smiled. Cute. Then Mady tried to play a piano solo. She was getting up on the bench when I reached her and she cried, "Mommy, push buttons!" when I took her away. That's her with the red poppy pigtails on the left.
A special visitor even came - Santa! See how nervous Sydney was? She was twisting her dress like crazy. Guess what she requested? A rock. Not even a special rock. Just a rock. We're pretty sure this is the only time she'll be so easily pleased. After the party Sydney informed me that Santa "did not say 'Ho, ho, ho' or 'Merry Christmas!" She's a quick one that little Sydney Bean.
On Monday I took the girls to the zoo with some friends. We got to see some fire dancers and it was very entertaining. Mady was entertained for a little bit. Sydney was entranced the whole time and could not be pulled away for a picture.
On Tuesday Aaron's parents came to town and on Wednesday they treated us to a concert! We all headed downtown to watch the Trans Siberian Orchestra.
They had some really cool stunts they did, like in the opening number where the violinist and two guitarists came down from the ceiling on platforms.
Then they had these cool wing platforms that came out over the crowd with performers on them too.
There was also a stage not far from us so we got to see some of it close up. There were some amazing performers and great voices!
The violinist was incredible and I had never seen an electric violin, so it was really cool!
On Thursday we went to see the King Tut exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. It was very cool, although missing some big pieces that I would have loved to see. Mady had her hands all over the glass, which is apparently a big no no, because the guards came and told us the alarms were going off!
After that excitement Aaron's dad and I headed over to watch The Nutcracker (we're the only 2 adults that enjoy it!). It was an AMAZING performance and totally the highlight of my week! It was so fun and I'm so glad we got to go!

3 comments:
Kyle would be so jealous that you got to go to the TSO concert. He has been begging me since we got married to attend when it comes to SLC but it has never happened! I am so glad you all had a wonderful Christmas together and that the guitar was a hit with Sydney!
What a fun concert to go to! The pic of Sydney on Santa's lap is very picturesque! Very cute! (Love the poppy pigtails on Mady!)
I can just see Sydney for her first performance in Primary or something and she will have her dress up like that... It will be funny! So glad you guys had lots of fun and the concert. Miss you guys
Post a Comment